Q: I’ve heard that it’s possible to view my lab results on my computer. Is this the case?
Yes, patients in BC and Ontario can have secure Internet access to their lab results. As soon as results are released from the performing lab, they’re available online through my ehealth, which is a free service available in four languages. Lab work must have been performed at one of the participating laboratories; in the Okanagan, Valley Medical Laboratories has 13 locations in Osoyoos, Penticton, West Kelowna, Kelowna, Winfield, Vernon, and Lumby.
To register you must:
- Be age 16 or older, or have received a Welcome Letter from Excelleris (the technology provider)
- Have a BC Care Card number
- Have had lab work within the last 30 days at:
- Valley Medical Laboratories, BC Biomedical Laboratories or Lifelabs, or
- Vancouver Coastal Health, Providence Health Care or Fraser Health as an outpatient only
Note: ECGs, X-rays, ultrasounds, MRIs, and other imaging results cannot be posted online. To get these test results, talk to your health care provider.
Go to www.myehealth.ca for more information on this free, convenient service.
*Reprint from our Seniors Health 2016/2017 Issue.